Topic

ID eVENT Jacket Sizing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) ID eVENT Jacket Sizing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I'm thinking of buying an Integral Designs eVENT rain jacket. I'm 5'9' and I weigh 150lbs. Will a M or L fit me better? Also, I vaguely recall the jacket not reaching down very far — given my medium height, will that still be an issue for me?

Also, for cool temps (60F and under) and leisurely pace hiking — is this much-hyped eVENT jacket breathable enough to replace a great wind jacket such as the Patagonia Houdini?

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

I'm 99% sure Ryan J. is 5'8ish and 150ish and wears a medium if that helps any.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Thanks, Chris. That helps.

Would be curious what Ryan (and other ID eVENT jacket owners) think about this jacket's breathability vs. a quality wind jacket…

John Frederick Anderson
    BPL Member

@fredfoto

Locale: Spain

I have a medium, and I'm normally a small mans size. It fits perfectly, just enough room to move. The small would have been too tight on me.
    I wear Golite Reed pants, which ride high, so they go under the jacket fine.
    I prefer a short jacket, rather than something than protects your upper thighs- which also constricts your movements to some degree when climbing or pushing up a steep hill.
    I use it more an more in lieu of a windshirt, and I combine it with an ID Silcoat Cape, which acts like a pack cover too, and performs better on warm showery days in the Pyrenees.
    Great jacket- mine's yellow in case I get lost.
    cheers,
    fred

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

John:

Sounds like you sized up one. Would you say this jacket is "off" by one size — or perhaps a half size?

Roleigh Martin
    BPL Member

@marti124

Locale: Founder & Lead Moderator, https://www.facebook.com/groups/SierraNorthPCThikers

I think the ID eVent Thru Hiker jacket fits snug for its size. I am 5'9" with a size 38" pants that fit loose (but too big for a size 36"). I wear a size XL ID eVent Thru Hiker. The sleeves are too long for me, but the rest of the fit is perfect. I am tempted to have a tailor shorten the sleeves for me. I folded them up (rolled up double) to fit right.

ps. forgot to mention, I weigh 193 in the winter and about 185 in the summer.

David Ure

@familyguy

I can't comment on the Thru-Hiker, but I have two other ID top garments in XL. They are a bit snug for me. My recommendation would be to size up if you have an athletic build.

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

ID stuff is unisex. in all my experience with unisex always go up a size.(any brand)

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

A rain parka with sleeves that are a bit "too long" are really not too long when you reach out. At that time they are just right.

That and the extra butt coverage is why I ordered my PacLite parka in a Tall size. Cabela's was the only vendor W/ Tall sizes in PacLite. This factor and their great price was why I got my parka there.

John Frederick Anderson
    BPL Member

@fredfoto

Locale: Spain

+1 for sizing up

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Shhhh!! I purposely avoided posting Prolite so people won't snatch the bargains away while I do my thinking!! Do you mind??? :)

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Ryan's review is 5 years old so it's possible the sizing has changed somewhat.

Basegear has their 20% off all the time deal so it comes to 192. I've bought from both them and prolite with nothing but great experience. Also, you can often check frontcountry and if prolite doesn't have it on sell frontcountry will (they're more or less the same company).

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

V k
    Spectator

@vladimir_ek

Locale: New York

I am 6' and 182lb and Large fits me with room for layering. You probably need a medium. I would get both and return one that doesn't work.
    The length of the jacket is fine for me. I stopped carrying Houdini after getting this jacket. It is that good.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I am now more tempted than ever, Vladimir!

Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

I use this jacket 4 season and it is by far the most comfortable hardshell I have ever owned. Much like a windshirt, it does not feel hot and stuffy like goretex. I have worn it downhill skiing several times over the last few years and in extreme wind conditions, you will feel a breeze through the material. That said I always found this to be a positive thing.

FYI on sizing, I am 6'4" 200lbs and the large fits perfectly for my needs.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Just came across a webpage showing the ID eVENT jacket — the sleeves look OK, but the body of the jacket seems awfully short — barely reaching down to one's waist or belt? Is this really the case?

David Ure

@familyguy

Yes – the eVENT Jacket is shorter (that black lower part is eVENT as well). The Thru Hiker is longer and the one you should be considering – the Thru Hiker also has a superior hood design but does not use the stretch cuffs.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Thanks, David. Now back to 12 oz again. Argggghhh…..

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Ben, did you get that off a japanese blog site? (im making this call based on the long black hair, the fashionable raw denim paired with an outdoor jacket) Thats the thing I love about the Japanese, they are the biggest gear whores in existence. Whenever I want to see a certain pack or jacket or something from a different angle, or just different pics from the manufacturers, I go to google images, type in the product, and the words ".jp" after and enjoy the search results.

Heres a good one with tons of pictures of cottage shelters
    http://ulgstore.exblog.jp/12283554/

Can't read a word of Japanese, but I can figure out the arrows/search bars well enough to scroll through their blogs
    Seriously, so many good pics on their blogs. I bet if i actually translated their posts, there would be heaps of good info as well

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I probably did… :)

JM Addleman
    Spectator

@jaddleman

Locale: Eastern Sierra

I found a UK site that will sell the Demand pullover here comes to about $230 shipped, and just under 10oz. Of course, it may be cheaper to wait until you can buy domestically.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Thanks, John — but I prefer a full zip. Sigh…

JM Addleman
    Spectator

@jaddleman

Locale: Eastern Sierra

Rab is also making a full-zip one that's not available quite yet, for 20g more.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools