Topic

Thinking Again about an eVENT Jacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Thinking Again about an eVENT Jacket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I'm looking at the REI Kimtah eVENT jacket in "night sky" color and liking it. But 16oz?

I know there are lighter eVENT hooded rain jackets — what are they again?

Also, will the eVENT rain jacket fit me well? I'm 5'9", 150 lbs, with 18" torso length.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

The new RAB Demand Pull-On is 10 oz. You also have the 2 Integral Design options at 9 and 12 oz.

Charles Jennings
    Spectator

@vigilguy

Locale: Northern Utah

Westcomb Specter. I THINK the new 2010 model is 10.2 oz.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Listed at 11 on the Westcomb site. Definitely puts it in the mix.

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Integral designs is around 10 for the rain jacket and 11 for the thru hiker

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Hey Ben, here was a recent thread that had a lot of discussion about several eVent jackets
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=30089

IMO the best on the market right now in terms of weight/features are ID thru hiker, Rab Momentum. If youre cool with a half zipper/anorak, wait for the On-demand pullover. The lightest jacket to hit the market in the future will probably be the one by OMM (mentioned in the thread above), but i'm pretty sure we're gonna have a hard time finding it domestically. Good luck!

Though the other jackets may be more expensive, I think they are worth the extra money over the Kimtah. Only thing going for the Kimtah in my mind, is REI ironclad customer service backing it

Also, in my opinion, I can do without hand pockets on my shell (even if they are chest level hand pockets) I didn't realize this when I bought my Rab drillium. Looking back, I see myself never putting my hands in my pockets when its raining. Hands are either out with poles in each hand or when im not using poles…well i don't hike with my hands in my pockets (imagine if you tripped? that would suckkkkkk) These days, I just look for a napolean pocket, or maybe 2! Perfect for a snack and a map. Hence, in hindsight, I would have purchased a Rab momentum over the drillium. Something to think about.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Thanks, everyone. I'm looking for something with a hood and full zip — hand pockets welcome but not necessary.

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

hey Ben, i revised my post, and talked a lil about hand pockets coincidentally.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools