Topic

Inov8 Recolite, Feelmax Kuusa

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Inov8 Recolite, Feelmax Kuusa

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matt Sanger
    BPL Member

@iparider

Can't find decent reviews on these two lightweights. Anyone?

I'm looking for something light (duh), quick drying, and secure, supportive, and protective enough to handle challenging river crossings (i.e. swift water and nasty rocks). So this would be a dual purpose item: river crossings and camp shoe.

The Feelmax is supposed to be around 100g each, but looks a bit fragile.

Inov8's are about 190g each.

It's a cr@p shoot just relying on online pic's.

JM Addleman
    Spectator

@jaddleman

Locale: Eastern Sierra

I haven't tried either of those shoes (although I love my new Roclite 295s) but my choice for your situation is Vibram Fivefingers. 150g a pair and the perfect water/camp shoe if you can get down with a little weirdness.

If you're not, I would say the Inov8s just on reputation. I hear feelmaxes aren't very durable.

Robert Devereux
    Spectator

@robdev

Locale: Pittsburgh, PA

I got a pair of Recolites today. I only have impressions from about half a mile of city walking. They fit me really well, which is a first for athletic sandals. The rubber is very cushioning, which feels weird. I can't think of any shoes I've tried that are similarly cushioning.

Matt Sanger
    BPL Member

@iparider

so I can't tell if the recolites have an insole…and that would effect their capacity to dry out quickly…

do you think they are secure enough for swift water crossings?

thanks

Robert Devereux
    Spectator

@robdev

Locale: Pittsburgh, PA

The Recolites do have insoles. The insoles have drainage holes, so that will hopefully help for drying.

For me, the fit is good enough that I'd consider crossing rivers in them, but I don't know how well they will grip when wet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools