Topic

Tenkara Fishing Knot

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara Tenkara Fishing Knot

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Curt Peterson
    BPL Member

@curtpeterson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

What's the best knot to attach a furled leader to this:Tenkara Knock OffTenkara Knock Off 2
    I'm taking a Tenkara el cheapo knock off to mess with as a proof-of-concept. I have no illusions of quality, but I have it in hand so I want to play with it before ordering a real Tenkara rod.

I'm trying to avoid sending everything – line & fly – into the stream. Best knot?

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

Check the Tenkara website – they tell you exactly how to do it.

Curt Peterson
    BPL Member

@curtpeterson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Thanks, Stephen. I'd looked earlier and couldn't find anything. I thought they had a loop at the end and just needed a simple loop-to-loop connection. I dug a little deeper on the site and found their solution. Simple enough. I guess it must be secure enough for them. I'll give it a try!

Thanks again.

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

That knot combination hasn't failed me yet!

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

A little late to the game, but here's a video on how to attach and detach the line:
    How To Attach A Tenkara Line

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools