Topic

Mont-Bell Sleeping Bags

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Mont-Bell Sleeping Bags

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Frank Steele

@knarfster

Locale: Arizona

Most Mont-Bell sleeping bags are "on sale" (less than MSRP) at moontrail.com BUT, you also get "Bonus Points" on several bags that can equal $60+ in other free gear.

I got a Mont-Bell UL Spiral Down Hugger #3 for $229, but got 39 Bonus Points which got me a free Snow Peak Trek 700 pot, Ti Spork and 6 Vargo Ti stakes free!

I got my son a Sierra Design Nitro 30 bag for only $189! (They are out now, but if they get more they will be about $219, still $60 off)

They ship fast and have a great return policy. I actually returned the Spiral DH #3 and got a Super Stretch #2 (which had more bonus points, so I got more free stuff!).

No, I don't work for them, I own a high end audio cable company, check it out http://www.puresilversound.com.

JM Addleman
    Spectator

@jaddleman

Locale: Eastern Sierra

I can buy things, get free stuff, return original, keep free stuff? Is that what we're talking about?

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Nice John. Way to work the system that's been working us for too long!

(kidding…..sort of.)

David Ure

@familyguy

Ordered from Moontrail many times. Great company.

Frank Steele

@knarfster

NO free things for free…..

Buy things and get free stuff, return things and buy MORE EXPENSIVE things, and get a bit more free stuff.

Moontrail rocks

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Seems unethical to do an incomplete return. Moontrail seems like a decent company, and I will probably order from them in the future. Hopefully others don't abuse their favorable business policies for me.

Frank Steele

@knarfster

unethical to do an incomplete return?! what are you talking about?

I bought a sleeping bag and got 39 bonus points, returned that sleeping bag and bought a MORE EXPENSIVE sleeping bag that had 43 bonus points. 4 more bonus points, which allowed me to get one more free thing. The moontrail.com staff use their brains, so should you.

What? I should send back the 1st sleeping bag with the Ti pot, spork and stakes, so that they can put the second sleeping bag in a box with the same Ti pot, Spork and Stakes and the extra stakes I got? Sounds real efficient to me.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

You call it "using your brains" and I call it something near to stealing as you described it earlier. If you return something without returning the "free" things, that's next to stealing. If you later order something else and get more free stuff, what's to keep you from doing the same thing and getting more "free" stuff? Now if your last post you mention only got 4 more free points, so did you actually do a return or an exchange? There is a difference. Looking at Moontrail's website I'm pretty sure what you did, but the way you worded things sounds very bad, which is why the first couple posts weren't exactly favorable towards you.

Frank Steele

@knarfster

Well, if you read I bought sleeping bag, sent it back and got a more expensive sleeping bag. Sounds like an exchange to me. Funny, my 12 year old understood it when he read it.

L Miller

@lmiller

Locale: Maryland

Frank, while it may be clear to those involved, the way it's explained is confusing. Is it:

A. Bought original sleeping bag with 39 bonus points, returned that bag without returning the bonus merchandise and then got 43 additional bonus points for the reorder for a total of 82 bonus points.

-or-

B. Bought original sleeping bag with 39 bonus points, returned that bag without returning the bonus merchandise and then got the difference of 4 bonus points for the second order for a total of 43 bonus points.

Frank Steele

@knarfster

Sorry, thought it was pretty clear.

B. Bought original sleeping bag with 39 bonus points, returned that bag without returning the bonus merchandise and then got the difference of 4 bonus points for the second order for a total of 43 bonus points.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

It took me twice to read it, but because he ordered a MORE expensive item, he got the difference of 4 points.

The issue would be if a CHEAPER item was ordered, or a simple return was made. But, Moontrail protects itself from people taking advantage of it. Here's from their website:

"Bonus items
    Any bonus items included with the purchase can either be returned in new condition or kept. If you keep them, the price of the items will be deducted from your return reimbursement."

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Okay, B is totally okay in my books. I didn't mean to accuse you of something you didn't do. It was just that the wording was confusing. Thanks for clearing that up and trying to share what we agree is a good deal. I hope we're good.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools