Topic

Transitionary Gear List

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Transitionary Gear List

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joe Leonard

@jellon

Locale: Southern California

I've been working on transitioning from the equipment I've been using for the last 5 years or so and into a more ultralight setup.

As you will find some of my gears is just stupidly heavy, and that will probably be the first to go. Living in southern california I intend to do most of my camping in the sierras or the desert. So my gear is going to reflect that. However I do enjoy a winter hike from time to time, but this list is intended to be a 3-season setup. Although as it stands I have used something similar in snow as well.

My list includes both my current gear list, and my proposed new gear list. So I'm looking for thoughts on my current equipment as well as my proposed alternatives.

My greatest concerns are that if I was to purchase a new backpack my things wouldn't fit into it, or perhaps if it would be wiser to buy a smaller pack in the first place.

Many of the smaller items, and some of the clothing I have just guessed at the weights. I'll be working on weighing everything accurately over the next few days.

Here's the list: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgANZaCZkmBndHhwQUI4Z3k2cmVEaUw5ckNVckZ3YlE&hl=en

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

You would do well to defer buying a new backpack. Change out some of the other gear pieces first. Things change and so will your transition list. Let them settle first and that will maximize your chance of getting the right pack.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools