Topic

base layer and containers

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) base layer and containers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Lane
    BPL Member

@kevinlane

1, Looking for the lightest wool short sleeve shirt to wear under a GoLite Helios, which would be used under a poncho in the east. Anyone direct me to a source?

2. The mini containers sold by the site are great, but the waterproof ink seems to come off. The only thing that seems to work for me is to put a layer of scotch tape over the writing. Anyone have a better idea?

Thanks,
    Kevin

mark cole
    BPL Member

@marklivia

Ibex Turn zip. On sale at Ibex.com.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

“The mini containers sold by the site are great, but the waterproof ink seems to come off. The only thing that seems to work for me is to put a layer of scotch tape over the writing. Anyone have a better idea?”

I use an electronic lablemaker. A Dymo lablemaker would work fine too.

Mike Storesund

@mikes-1

Have you looked at the Possum Down Vest on this site? It seems they have all in stock except the small size.
    I have the sweater and like it a lot. I figure I can roll up the sleeves if it gets a little too warm.

I have had the same issue with “permanent markers” not being permanent, especially with things like DEET or alcohol fuel. I do the same as you, put a piece of clear tape over it.

Kevin Lane
    BPL Member

@kevinlane

The possumdown seems to warm for active hiking in temps over 30. I just tripped over this site, anyone try their shirts? I was thinking that the sleeveless might be nifty under the windshirt under the poncho under the rain
    http://www.rivendellbicycles.com/webalog/clothing/22503.html

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools