Topic

Caravans/Rv’s as a Basecamp

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Caravans/Rv’s as a Basecamp

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Jim is busting my chops because our families went camping in February and I ran out of propane. I had forgot to refill after camping for a couple weeks in December where the night time temperatures were in the low 30's and we wan our heater a lot.

He is right about a couple of things. Most campgrounds require you to stay in the camper the first night, and some prohibit leaving it unattended for more than 24 hours.

We normally camp in dispersed areas (no formal campsites), and are comfortable leaving it unattended all day, and I have on ocassions left it unattended for up to 4 days. Probably not a good practice in most areas.

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools