Topic

Jetboil pot and holes in it. Any other use?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Jetboil pot and holes in it. Any other use?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Timo Anttalainen

@timoa

Locale: Finland, Espoo

I try to cut pot support thing away from jetboil pot. I do it too fast and accidentally make hole in it. Actually 4 holes… So it doesnt work anymore as a pot.

Rubbish or something else? Woodstove? Do you have some ideas what to do with broken pot?

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

You could get it fixed if you have a friend that can weld aluminum.

Anne Walker

@jonnywalker

I almost did the same thing when I was drilling the spot welds off mine. Might make a decent heat diffuser for frying if you cut it off flush at the bottom of the pot. Could then sandwhich it under another pot to try and get a more even heat pattern, especially if the other pot is ti.

Jeff Antig

@antig

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Hi Timo,

You can use sealing rivets or solid rivets to plug the holes. They should hold water being that it is what holds most household pans/pots handles onto the pan.

Brian Cripe

@brian-cripe

Locale: Midwest

If the holes are fairly small, you can probably patch them with a heat-resistant reinforced epoxy like JB Weld, and still have a viable pot to use.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools