Topic

Packrafting in TX,NM and AZ?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Packrafting Packrafting in TX,NM and AZ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cameron hurd
    Spectator

@hurd-cameron

Hello all!! I am a new member and have just learned about the awesomeness of packrafting. I was wondering if anyone knew about any places near El Paso Texas that is where I am stationed. Thanks for the help.

Cameron

Stephen Owens
    BPL Member

@walknhigh

Locale: White Mtns, AZ

Rio Grande in Big Bend National Park
    I little more Challenging(can kill you) the Pecos. I have kayaked both but not packrafted. You can get river descriptions from southwestpaddler.com.

Larry Dyer

@veriest1

Locale: Texas

I know from first hand experience that the Brazos from Glen Rose to Lake Whitney is nice scenery. Sometimes the water is high and sometimes it's low in that area but go when it's low or in the middle of the week. Otherwise you'll get ran over by ski boats. There's really good small mouth fishing at the Brazos Point bridge and on down stream a few miles.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools