Topic

Google adds bicycle maps/directions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Google adds bicycle maps/directions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gordon Smith
    BPL Member

@swearingen

Locale: Portland, Oregon

There's got to be a few cyclists here, so I thought I'd post this for those who hadn't yet heard about the bike map overlay Google has just added to Google Maps. The cycling maps cover 150 US cities, including Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Portland and Washington, DC. I live in Portland and from what I've seen so far I'd say they've done a pretty good job with this. More info here.

Happy cycling!

Gordon

Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

thumbs up!

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

That's terrific! (or will be).

I tried it for a couple of difficult to route rides I took last season … it suggested some (how can I say it) interesting options (like half a mile on a death wish road). On the other hand, it came very close to what I considered the perfect route for my former bike commute.

It'll be fun to watch it evolve and the feedback option will probably help them improve things quickly.

Arapiles .
    BPL Member

@arapiles

Locale: Melbourne

Perhaps this thread could be moved to the new Bicycle Touring forum?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools