Topic

Kiskil Mithril Pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Kiskil Mithril Pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kohl Kinning
    Spectator

@kohltk

This pack looks SWEET! It carries a max of 35 lbs and only weighs 20 ounces with hip belt! It's also completely custom (except for the color). Does anyone have this? I'm not sure if I'm willing to throw down 250$ for a pack, but I'm seriously considering it. Here's the site if you guys want to check it out: http://moonbowgear.com/kiskil/Mithril%20Pack%20Main%20Page.htm
    The Mithril

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Ah… saying it carry's 35lbs is a stretch. It's a frameless pack without something like six moon designs pad pocket. I doubt many people would enjoy carrying it with 35lbs. I saw one on the trail many years ago and swap packs with the owner for a bit. I guess he was one of those people that happily carried a lot of weight in a frameless pack. He was carrying 35-40lbs. I didn't enjoy the experience. Then again, other than the Six Moon Designs Starlite, I haven't found a frameless pack I would use with more than around 20lbs.

–mark

Pedro Arvy
    BPL Member

@pedroarvy

Locale: Melbourne

I owned one of these packs some years ago and walked the JMT with it.

In their day they were great but refinements from all the small gear makers we know and love have made it obsolete IMO. A Six Moon Designs Starlite has more features plus an optional frame. Its way ahead.

David Ure

@familyguy

I am with Mark – I am not a small guy and yet find most frameless packs not that comfortable over about 18-22lbs. Sure I can carry 40 lbs in one (assuming it doesn't break apart) but why? It would feel like crap.

Having said that, I like the fabrics used in this pack and assuming reasonable loads it might be an interesting option to the Jam's of the world.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools