Topic

Nalgene pack on Ebay

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Nalgene pack on Ebay

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I found this auction for Nalgene fanny packs with shoulder straps– minus the bladder. It’s designed for a 1.5 liter Nalgene Big Bore bladder, which can be bought seperately for ~$20. I’m betting a 2 liter Platypus will fit if it isn’t chock full. It comes with four 20oz Flexiflasks too. $16 with the shipping and he’s got 11 left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-NALGENE-LUMBAR-HYDRATION-BACKPACK-HIKING-CYCLING_W0QQitemZ8803120903

The same seller has some mesh backpack dive bags that look interesting– 28″ tall by 23.5″ wide. $15 with the shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-DELUXE-MESH-SCUBA-SNORKEL-DIVE-GEAR-BACKPACK_W0QQitemZ723880437

I haven’t bought from this seller before, and as always, caveat emptor.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I bought one of the Nalgene lumbar packs and it arrived quickly. It has all kinds of possibilities for hydration and as a general fanny pack. It’s a great start of you want some shoulder straps for a MYOG project.

It came with four 20oz/600ml Flexi Flasks, which look exactly like a Playpus to me. The caps have the same threads too, so all the accessories will interchange. Two full Flexi Flasks will fit in the bladder sleeve in the Nalgene back.

For those interested in getting a bladder for it, Campmor has 1.8 liter Platypus bladders for $10 (no hose) and they have a 1.8 liter Water Chest for $10 which includes the 1.8 liter bladder and a hose, as well as the insulated bag with d-rings. There is some confusion in the listing– it says 1.8 liter in the listing and comes up 2.5 liter on check-out. I’ll report back if it is a problem. I tried a standard 2.5 liter Platypus in the Naglene pack and it will fit if you fill it about 2/3 full and fold the bottom end over. The 1.8 liter Platypus bladder is shorter and wider than the 2.5, fitting the ratio of the Nalgene better. You can get Nalgene 1.5 liter bladders for $20, but they have the large (and heavy, IMHO) fill port.

Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

Woot! got me a Black Diamond Firstlight for 217.51. “NWT” as they say.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools