Topic

3 day/2 night Joshua Tree gear list

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists 3 day/2 night Joshua Tree gear list

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

Going next week with a couple of forum members, they are seasoned desert travelers- I’m the token mountain guy they’re bringing along :)  Three days/two nights- 60-ish miles, combination of trail and off trail.  Weather looks like 60-70’s for highs, 40’s lows- little to no chance for precipitation at this point.

We have two water caches spaced out roughly a third and 2/3’s in.  Water will definitely be the heaviest commodity, even with caches.  I could use a lighter pack if water wasn’t an issue, but feel comfortable carrying 20+ pounds with the Aduro and frame.

Going bare bones on shelter- lightweight bivy w/ a 5×7′ sheet of polycro just in case.  40 degree quilt w/ a new to me Uberlite pad.  Going to pack a couple of ounces of ccf pad to deter sharpies/pokies and use as a sitpad.

Was thinking about a lighter stove setup, but the convenience of a canister stove trumps a few ounces when putting in bigger days.

Not much for extra clothing- windshirt, windpants, spare socks & balaclava for sleep and a down jacket for insulation.  Only bringing a 1.5 oz poncho for the low probability of rain.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Looks good to me Mike, very similar in function to what I’m carrying.  I’ll try and post mine later today.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Wait a minute….only one custom knife?  Risky.  ; )

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Wait a minute….only one custom knife?  Risky.  ; )

true that :)

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

just peeked at your list- yup very similar :)

if it weren’t for the 4-5 liters, we’d be pretty svelte!

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Ready to go!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools