Topic

2days on the NPT

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports 2days on the NPT

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Thom
    BPL Member

@popcornman

Locale: N NY

Piseco to Moose River Recreation Area. 9lbs base weight, one ACD dog, not enough bug protection ha ha. It’s fly and mosquito season. First day was very hot humid . Trail  normal ,very wet. Mostly top of shoe sink in the muck wet. I planed about 16 mile a day. Spent the night at West Lake 1. The shelter faces the lake. Water was nice and warm enough to swim. Big rain storm came in during the night and rained buckets most of the night. The rain kept the bugs away .Ate my usual gruel and was hiking by 6am in the rain . It was perfect temp . No rain coat needed. The numerous water crossings were running much faster and trail water deeper. I estimate one third of the trail was shoe deep now . Well more like ankle deep. Crossed one  streams on beaver dams. I slipped and fell  in to fast moving water a few times. Pickle suffered a injury to his right rear pad.  17 miles later Wakely dam. The end of the hike.  Lots of flooding  from beavers .We saw no other hikers. Blow downs blocking the trail ,to numerous to count. Trail is well marked. No phone service.  It was a fabulous trip.  Next time net tent for me and pickle oh and bring gaiters ha ha.

Thom

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Hmmm..

I love it!! Any pictures or video???

Thom
    BPL Member

@popcornman

Thom
    BPL Member

@popcornman

Thom
    BPL Member

@popcornman

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Sweet. Im planning on thruhiking NPT in September.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools