Topic

Kodak Micro HD Video Camera

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Kodak Micro HD Video Camera

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David Ure

@familyguy

David Ure

@familyguy

Ooops – see that it is not yet available.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

I had a customer come in asking " I am after a camera that has not come onto the market as yet, it is the " XXX" , do you have it ?.
    Me "No, I am afraid , it hasn't come out as yet…"
    (true story, and the guy was not joking…)

David , looking at the specs (5mp sensor with tiny fix focal length lens) I would expect it to be as good as the cheapest possible camera that can call itself HD. but it is "weatherised"
    Keep in mind that HD (and full HD) is a format or a quantity not a quality. In other words is like saying "I have a 42" panel" , that only gives me the size not the image quality.
    Franco

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Not that I know anything about camera stuff, but last year I was looking at getting one of those little handheld HD video cameras (there are a bunch on the market). Long story short, I ended up just grabbing a new digital camera that had HD video capability (Panasonic DMC-ZS3). It was lighter then carrying both a still camera and a small video camera so it made sense (to me!) to go that route.

I know almost nothing about imaging and whatnot, so I don't know how to measure the quality of the footage, but it looks great on my computer. I remember last year Canon had a competing model that was weatherproof but lacked the ability to zoom while taking video – maybe an option for you.

Moral of the story: Steve knows nothing of cameras but simply wanted to point out that he was once looking for a similar product and ended up buying a digital camera with HD video.

David Ure

@familyguy

Thanks guys. I want video on the trail that is weatherproof but that won't break the bank. I've spent all of my money on backpacking gear….:)

Suggestions?

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools