Topic

24: White Ranch

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports 24: White Ranch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

New trip report at Dondo Outdoors

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Wow. As soon as I saw your subject heading, the memories flooded back in. I never camped overnight as White Ranch, but rode there frequently when I lived in Boulder. Mustang, Belcher Hill, Rawhide trails, etc.

I always thought that the Jeffco open spaces were one of the best parts of living on the Front Range.

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

We need more 24 hour trips around here. I'll try to pull one over the weekend.

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

Is it just me or do the rest of you really like Dondo's reports too.

Joe Newton
    BPL Member

@grayjoe

Great report and pictures are great as well. I noticed your Shangri-la 2 and your comment about ease of pitch. I have the Shangri-la 1 and it takes a bit of fiddling with it to get up and tight. Any pointers on what you have found that works with this tent. Thanks.

Ryan Tucker
    BPL Member

@beartoothtucker

great report, love the mix of story and gear info.

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Thanks for the comments, guys. I'm glad that you all enjoyed the trip report.

@Steven

Totally agree. The folks at Jeffco open space really seem to have it together as far as acquiring land and managing the different recreational uses.

@David

I'd definitely like to see more, also. It would fun to to see how hikers around the country and around the world handle the challenges of doing a 24 hour trip.

@Joe

Here's what I do with the Shangri-La 2: Stake out the four corners in as perfect a rectangle as you can get. Pull out the loops on either side and stake them down. Get inside the tent and expand and lock each pole into the peaks. If your ridgeline is not as tight as you would like it, you can angle the poles outward. I haven't tried this yet, but I think you can get the same effect by tying guys to each of the top loops and staking them straight out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools