Topic

Is this website anygood?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Is this website anygood?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I was browsing the internet for ideas on trips and found Trails.com. Looks like it might be informative, but is it really worth $50 a year? Thanks in advance.

Mike Storesund

@mikes-1

I have not subscribed to this, only taking the 14-day trial. The maps that it offers do not define the actual trails posted, but rather a section of the regional quadrangle. I can get better definition from my own copy of National Geographic’s “TOPO” which I can customize even more.

I did some searches on the Triple Crown trails and it offers specific information on individual segments, but as an overall resource IMHO, it is not worth $50. You can get similar info on the internet for free, for just a little more researching trouble.

Vick Hines

@vickrhines

Locale: Central Texas

Mike,
    I had the same experience. There are better maps out there – and more up to date ones. $50 down the hole IMHO.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools