Topic

Rab acquires Integral Designs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Rab acquires Integral Designs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    David Ure

@familyguy

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

So mid 2011 all consumer products will go to Europe for manufacture and be harder to come by?

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Locale: Finland

I don't think that production will move to Europe. If it moves, then more likely to Asia. Otherwise I hope that both continue to make the top-notch kit they have made thus far.

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

Was ID all tuckered out from the Olympics?

Such mergers and acquisitions are always fraught with the danger of watering down the acquired brand and as always, here's hoping that doesn't happen here. Integral Designs has always brought a Pacific Northwest sensibility to their gear design that rendered them unique (see also, ArcTeryx before their buyout).

Equip/RAB clearly isn't Salomon or VF Corp, so perhaps they will remain as before, which would suit me just fine.

re. the Trailspace article. Is it possible for M&A press release language to not contain "synergy"? I suspect there's a law requiring its inclusion.

Cheers,

Rick

David Ure

@familyguy

It will be an interesting partnership, if only because they each produce some similar, overlapping products with the same or similar technology.

I suspect Hendrik is correct – manufacture for ID would move from Calgary to China. I am a little sad by this.

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

Time for me to get the ID bivy I've been thinking of lately.

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

>>re. the Trailspace article. Is it possible for M&A press release language to not contain "synergy"? I suspect there's a law requiring its inclusion.

And don't forget the classic "the brands will realize efficiencies"

It looks like the items ID makes for the military/police markets will still be made in Calgary…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools