Topic

16 oz External Frame Backpack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 16 oz External Frame Backpack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steve Peterson

@spetersodlb

(Well I royally screwed up my first attempt to create this thread, so here it is again–readable, this time. Sorry)

At the request of BillF in the Cuben Fiber thread, I have put together some photos and text describing my 16.2 oz external frame backpack.

It has a cuben fiber bag, carries 40 lbs comfortably, transferring nearly all the weight to my waist, and is hopefully going to get me from Mexico to Canada starting on May 8.

Comments/questions/suggestions are welcome, but as I hit the trail real soon, you may have to wait five months for an answer.

Vick: you see any sources of supply that you like, feel free to add them to your thread…

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

Nice work, Steve. I like how the frame ‘cradles’ the load behind you. Looks like that will prevent the main sack from getting too saggy, and also give that bottom fabric some more protection. I hope the Cuben will hold up well for you, time will tell. Good luck on the hike!
    -Mark

Shelly Skye

@shelly-1

Steve, I was wondering how your backpack held up on your long hike. I have been thinking of the pack development you shared with us and have been oh-so-curious how things went for you. Also, the link you put up here seems to have gone into the void. If there is someplace I can go to look at the pack and updates, I would be mighty happy. Thanks for sharing it all with us last year.
    Shelly

David Stenberg
    BPL Member

@dstenberg1

Locale: South

When I click on the link, the page will not come up. Is there another way for me to get the link to yoru website?

Thanks, I am interested in your pack.

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

Im also interested in seeing the pack. Try to post the url in the clear? not hyperlinked? Maybe the address was misspelled.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

The original post is from May, 2006 and it looks like Steve who posted it hasn't been too active since then.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools