Topic

Silver Peak – Winter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Silver Peak – Winter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

A buddy and I headed up to Killarney Provincial Park for a couple of days last weekend to hike up Silver Peak. The lakes were frozen so we could take a few shortcuts…I made a video of the trip for those interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaLOQziTtVU

At the top.

Silver Peak Winter

Philip Delvoie
    BPL Member

@philipd

Locale: Ontario, Canada

Great video Steve. Looks like you are getting good use out of the Raku. Question for you…I see in your equipment list that you are using the Forty Below Light Energy Overboots. Wondering how you like those for this type of trip?

Devin Montgomery
    BPL Member

@dsmontgomery

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble

+1

You're a true renaissance man, Mr. Evans. :)

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Philip,
    I love my Light Energy Overboots – stunning piece of gear. I used to wake up to frozen/wet shoes all the time. Have you ever put on frozen shoes? It is the worst feeling…I used to dread it every trip. No more of that. I think I have a pretty lengthy review here on BPL…yep. right here.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/reviews/display_reviews.html?forum_thread_id=18988&skip_to_post=168921#168921

I actually sent the review to Joel at 40 below aswell because I think he has a real winner here. I think he has made some changes to them since but you have to check with them.

Devin, glad you liked it!

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Looks like it was nice and brisk for you guys. Excellent trip!

Jason Picard

@jasonpicard

Really like the video Steve. Beauty weather you had too!

Paul Wozniak

@paulw

Locale: Midwest

Steve,

Great job with the video. Could the weather have been any better – I see the sun shining off the Georgian Bay to the east.

Did I hear you say you woke up around 10:30? Good morning!

Thanks for posting.

PW

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Weather was just perfect. We saw a guy XC skiing in shorts – that's not the norm around here.

As for the late morning. I don't know what happened. We didn't get much sleep the night before and worked pretty hard to get where we were…we went to bed at about 11 or so and the next thing I knew it was about 7am, but I couldn't pull myself out of bed! I just closed my eyes and went back to sleep. The sun shining through mu Cuben Duomid woke me up. Probably the best sleep I've ever had in the backcountry.

Martin Rye
    BPL Member

@rye1966

Locale: UK

Great Video and thanks for sharing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools