Topic

Ozark Highlands Yo Yo List

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Ozark Highlands Yo Yo List

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lucas Boyer
    BPL Member

@jhawkwx

Locale: 38.97˚N, 95.26˚W

Headed out next week to Yo Yo the OHT in Northern Arkansas. Unsupported 10-11day, so I'll be hauling some food for a few days. I'm pretty happy w/ this list, but I still haven't locked down a couple of things:

1. LS Shirt-I'm leaning towards Patagonia for warmth, but I'm being an ounce counter too.
    2. Vest choice- Obviously the down vest is ridiculously heavier, but the warmth is the debate. Climo says lows in the upper 20's but it's been a cold winter. The fleece will work for temps down to upper 20's. I've got a 200wt pullover fleece too(13.55oz)?

Thanks for the input. Link below or in my profile.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/backpackinglight/forums/gear_lists/47d28eba17b77b141b4d38127f5ffb40.pdf

Jeremy Greene
    Spectator

@tippymcstagger

Locale: North Texas

I think you could lose the ss shirt if your ls isn't too warm. Seems like a lot of towel for winter. A foam cup would keep your coffee warmer for less weight and is easily protected in your .9L pot.

As this trail is fairly close to me, I look forward to some tempting pictures.

Lucas Boyer
    BPL Member

@jhawkwx

Locale: 38.97˚N, 95.26˚W

I was surprised at the weight of the towel, as well as the wool sleeping socks. I think I'm going to opt for another towel(campmor brand 1.6oz) and I might even take a second pair of Defeet for sleeping instead. This will drop me 3 oz. I might stop at McDonalds for a coffee on the way down.(I'm headed for 8oz drop) I hear what you're saying on the LS as the sole shirt I'm wearing. My concerns:

1. The Patagonia is Black, if climo high temps stay true, I will see low 60's. I don't want to sweat the thing up and be cold when the sun sets. It is zip and can be unzipped for cooling off.
    2. I like ditching my hiking shirt for a dry shirt at the end of the day. Not always wet, but I'm being overly cautious I guess. If I take the 200 wt. fleece pullover instead of the vest, I can wear it sans hiking shirt at the end of the day or wear the vest w/ my Windshirt over it.

Getting that 8oz shirt and the other 8oz out of the pack is going to help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools