Topic

Arikok National Park

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sanad Toukhly
    BPL Member

@red_fox

I am going to Aruba for spring break with a few friends.

I wasn't planning on doing any backpacking while there, but I recently discovered they have the Arikok National Park, which has about 20 miles of trail and several caves along the way. I want to do an overnighter in the park. It'll be a fast, no cook, no shelter (I figured I'll utilize one of the caves!) trip.

I don't know if anyone here on the forums has been to Aruba, but is anyone familiar with the rules & regulations of the park? On their website (www.arubanationalpark.org) it says the park is only open to visitors from 8 am to 5 pm and that camping requires a permit. I'm not sure if they are only referring to people with vehicles because I won't have one. I plan on just walking in. Any advice would be helpful.

I should mention this is sort of short notice for advice, as I fly out on the night of March 4th.

-Sid

Sanad Toukhly
    BPL Member

@red_fox

I have decided against an overnighter in the Arikok National Park. Instead, I will be doing a day hike.

I'm excited about this trip. My flight leaves in a few hours. I'll post up some pictures when I get back.

-Sid

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools