Topic

Tahoe Rim Trail info…?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Tahoe Rim Trail info…?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kenneth Gurney

@drunkenblade

Just want to know who has done a TRT thru-hike?
    Is there a good guide book?
    What time of the year did you go?
    Was there ample places to get water or did you pack more than usual?
    Where did you start?
    How long did it take you, miles per day and anything else you feel could help me to plan the trip…
    I have done some home work, all of which is from the Official TRT site…
    As some of you know, this year is my first UL year and have done a few day-hikes and overnights this year already…
    I am picking the TRT as my first multi-day hike because I grew-up camping and hiking Mt. Rose to Kirkwood… So I have some knowledge of that side of the Lake. From looking at the maps of the area I have never been in, it seems if I get in trouble, help is not to far away… I will be traveling with at least one of my two sons(16,17).
    Also, if there was anyone doing this as a thru-hike this year… Do you have a partner? Do you need one?
    I would also be interested in joining a Club or Group going to the Sierras this year…
    Thanks
    Ken

Randy Brissey
    BPL Member

@rbrissey

Locale: Redondo Beach, CA

Hello Ken,

Go to the website at tahoerimtrail.org where you will find a guidebook along with an excellent map of the trail. I have hiked parts of the trail along with working on trail building one summer long ago. I am planning to do the TRT this summer as a warmup for The Colorado Trail in august. I teach and have off after june 20th or so………
    Randy

Kenneth Gurney

@drunkenblade

Hi Randy… I too get out of school in June. Although, I am still a student… I am seriously interested in going as soon as possible. I want to make sure all of our ducks are in a row, sooooo…..
    E-mail me…
    I’m in Sacramento…

Ken

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools