Topic

Steep and cheap madness!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Steep and cheap madness!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

http://www.steepandcheap.com is selling off all their odds and ends at 80% off and up. Looks like it runs all day.

have fun.

Ben Corner
    Spectator

@ultimatekiwi

Yeah, it's pretty nuts! Get used to the "Sorry, your cart is empty" message, though!

David Mann

@dmann

Locale: Colorado Rockies

True that…

john braun

@hitman

Locale: West Florida

maybe i'm missing something. doesn't steapandcheap do this every day? what's different about what they're doing today? sorry to be so dunce….

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

today they are offering much steeper discounts but very limited quantities. hard to get anything and is slowing my computer but i cant look away! lol.

I think this is their day to clear the inventory

Arthur M Yates, Evangelist
    BPL Member

@rowdyy

Locale: North Central Tennessee

Just checked Cheap and Steep and the item they are offering is ONLY 56% off not 80%. That is the normal % mark down.

Ben Corner
    Spectator

@ultimatekiwi

Looks like it might've slowed down a bit. Last night there was an extended period of time where EVERYTHING was at least 80% off.

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

last night it was madness…

today… still some 80% off stuff…

Anonymous
    Inactive

So what did anyone score?
    I almost got a 5oz OR jacket for my girl but she was asleep. Have her account logged in now! :)
    Just saw some Marmot goretex pants for 20 bucks! I will get lucky today!

Jeffrey Kuchera
    BPL Member

@frankenfeet

Locale: Great Lakes

Not sure what all the fuss is about. I have a steep and cheap alert positioned strategically on my desktop and it looked like another day in the valley of deals to me. Business as usual. Situation normal. Status quo. Watching the paint dry really if you ask me. Standard ops. They drop the deals like the beastie boys drop science -which means they do it all the time people. Just my 2 cents here. Feel free to enjoy the madness on a daily basis folks. Okay I am worn out now.
    Peace n grease trail trash -Jeff aka Frankenfeet

Ben Corner
    Spectator

@ultimatekiwi

Last night there was a whole slew of ridiculous discounts, but perhaps not so much today. Scroll down to the bottom of this picture if you absolutely must have evidence of the "madness": http://tr.im/PSb1

Not that it really matters at all…

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

I happened to be up that night, as I was still packing for a trip. I caught the sale between the hrs of 12am and 5am. It was absolutely nuts. I saw a pair of kayland boots that I had just purchased for 100, on sale for 10 bucks. They were practically giving away t shirts, for 2 dollars. I think I saw an item for 99% off. But yeah, it was difficult to nab anything, the website wasn't updating fast enough, and would show items in stock when they had already cleared out.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools