Topic

Platypus Filter Link

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Platypus Filter Link

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Nate Powell

@powell1nj

Locale: North Carolina

So I know that the Platypus Filter Links were discontinued when they introduced the Clean Stream system. However, does anyone know a place where these can still be found? Perhaps there is a part that does the same thing (i.e. screw-on platy cap with a 1/4" hose barb)? I wonder how many more of those Clean Streams they sold as a result of discontinuing that handy little piece…

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Unfortunately, the Platy filter links are now in gear heaven — along with the Platy Lil' Nippers…

Nia Schmald
    BPL Member

@nschmald

I had to buy the drink tube kit to get the cap with barb. It's still available but obviously pricey for just the cap. On the plus side you get some tubing.

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

Locale: SW Idaho

Platy cap

This the one your looking for?

I have them still in stock at Arrowhead Equipment.

Paul
    arrowheadequipment.webs.com

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

NM

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

Just an FYI for all, I got a lot of interest in the Filter Link Caps yesterday, so I called to see if I could get any more and Cascade Designs is sending me out the last of the stock of them that they had. I should have about 200 of them in a couple days but when they sell through that is it. CD is not producing them any longer for parts and they said they will not offer them further at this point, so if you need one or want one give me a holler.

Paul
    Arrowhead Equipment

Philip Delvoie
    BPL Member

@philipd

Locale: Ontario, Canada

Are the evernew and platypus thread patterns the same?

Samuel Lentz

@sparrow

Yes, the Evernew and Platy caps have the same threads.

david richardson
    BPL Member

@drichi

Locale: midwest

i would be interested in 3 or 4 of these. let me know how to foward info and payment. thanks dave

david richardson
    BPL Member

@drichi

Locale: midwest

I found the store link above thanks, dave

Don Meredith
    Spectator

@donmeredith

Locale: SouthEast

More than you probably need but this is available as well after the last 200 are spoken for:

Platy Drink Tube Kit

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

Just to update everyone on the caps, Cascade found a second smaller bag and included them with the first that arrived a few days ago,I have a bit over 300 still available and in stock.

Paul
    Arrowhead Equipment

Jonathan Duckett
    BPL Member

@thunderhead

Locale: Great Smoky Mountains

I realize this thread is ancient but just wanted to pass on that I found a few of these and have 2 extras I could part with for a few bucks if anyone is looking. Just shoot me a PM

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools