Topic

Most breathable long sleeve shirts?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Most breathable long sleeve shirts?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas Couis
    BPL Member

@nichoco

Hi,I am constantly travelling and hiking and have tried many hiking shirts.I find that the construction on nearly all of these is tightly woven so not very air permeable.In HOT HUMID weather this becomes a real problem.When i am not hiking and am in town i need to present myself in long sleeve shirt ,long pants and sometimes jacket for meetings.
    Has anyone come across any shirts or fabrics i should look for.Thanks.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Wool?

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Ex Officio Airstrip Lite shirts do the trick. Also, check REI and Sierra Trading Post for sales. Solumbra makes vented nylon shirts for sun protection. Equally expensive.

If you need an XL size in either type, lemme know.

David Mann

@dmann

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Rail Riders, in particular the Eco-Mesh and Adventure shirts. Excellent articles with great ventilation, style, and bug&sun resistance. Dry in a snap, too. Just so happens I have an Eco-mesh shirt for sale, in fact(Men's M, "Birch", NWT/never worn, $50 includes PayPal and shipping CONUS).

Jack G

@nomadjack

Locale: Midwest

If you're an XL there is one Exofficio Men's Trip'r Long Sleeve Dryflylite Shirt on clearance for $27.98 at Moab:

shirt

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

I like the eco-mesh and some of the other nylon shirts, but I think they'd look horrible with a jacket.

Michael Unger
    BPL Member

@munger

Locale: PNW

I have done PCT thru hikes with the Eco Mesh and the BPL Thorofare in the desert sections. However, I believe that a merino wool shirt such as a Ice Breaker Bodyfit 150 is by far the most comfortable shirt. I will not wear a synthetic shirt again.

http://www.icebreaker.com/site/icebreaker_man_bodyfit150_ls_atlas.html?thumb_value=Wave

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

a lot of people trash it, but i find under armour to be excellent in very hot conditions

Nicholas Couis
    BPL Member

@nichoco

I have tried Ex-Officio but find there shirts to be too big in the body.I find Mont-Bell to fit me well.I am a slim fit. The shirt must look like a shirt ,not base layer.Wool is too hot in humid conditions, Sheep do not live in the tropics.Has anyone tried the Patagonia Island Hopper shirts,Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools