Topic

Rab Quantum 400 Sleeping Bag (850+ Down) @ Campsaver

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Rab Quantum 400 Sleeping Bag (850+ Down) @ Campsaver

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Rab Quantum 400 Sleeping Bag (850+ Down) for $194.97, free shipping.

http://www.campsaver.com/itemmatrix.asp?GroupCode=rab0038&MatrixType=1

Jack Bauer

@mclovin

anyone know where can i find reviews on Rab SB? I tried googling it but can't find any reviews on any of the Rab SB.

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

I used a Rab Quantum Endurance 250 sleeping bag for years. Great sleeping bag that never let me down. It's a loaner now though, since i moved to a quilt.
    Chris Townsend has used them for years.

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

Does anyone know the difference between the RAB Quantum 600 bag and the Quantum 600 Endurance bag?

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW
    John Swartz

@chiral

Can anyone with a 250 or 400 comment on the size of the bag? Is it really restrictive in terms of width?

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Here is an overview. Looks like endurance is more water resistant.
    http://www.needlesports.com/acatalog/Mail_Order_Rab_47.html

Jack Bauer

@mclovin

if you have to choose between Rab, marmot helium and the WM ultralite,and montbell SS #1 which one would you choose?

thanks

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Ah….thanks John N…….

Weiyi Wang
    Spectator

@wwyjedi

Locale: mid

It is a long bag. Too long for my 5'10 body…

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Glad to help out. I'm in the market myself. Specs look good but I'm using 20 and 30 year old down bags which are still quite functional. While the fabrics look better I am worried about the loft over time in these highly stuffed bags. Plus all 3 of my family members scored Eddie Bauer 550 fill down jackets for $25 a piece last week for inner bags that also function in camp. So to me it's a question of combining for 2-3 seasons. And in backup is a 5 lb REI down bag from St. Vinnie's that is used for base camping and has tons of down in it as well as 2 Marmots from 20 years back that weigh at 2.5 lbs.I know they function well at sub freezing temps in the real world. Warm nights are the core for us. We usually camp in the Cascades and it's freezing every morning in high summer.I'd like to pare weight but keep hitting the conceptual wall. I have a 3.5 lb Universal expedition external frame from the 70's that still fits me to a T with pack included and in a pinch I'm the one hauling out my wife and my Daughter's stuff.I look at the large Golites and say same weight , but marginal for real carrying at these weights.Tough call. Your input welcome.

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

I'm 5'10", 41" chest, 34" waist and around 52" shoulders. My Rab QE250 is a snug fit, and if i have my arms by my side it pushes on the sides of the bag. Usually i sleep curled up on my side, and there was more room for me that way. I find most sleeping bags restrictive, so i wouldn't say if it was any more restrictive than others.

David Lutz

@davidlutz

John N. – I have spent countless hours reading trip reports, gear lists and spreadsheets in an effort to find the most efficient and least expensive method to extend the temp range of my GoLite Ulra 20 for winter camping.

It was driving me crazy!

So I pulled the trigger on a Rab Quantum 600 10* bag for $239 shipped from Utah.

I think that will put the whole subject to rest once and for all. The Rab is twice as heavy as the Ultra 20, but I will offset that by a reduction in clothing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools