Topic

BPL Stealth NANO Tarp Prepurchase Information

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support BPL.com News and Info BPL Stealth NANO Tarp Prepurchase Information

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Hello Everyone,

BPL will be re-introducing the Stealth NANO tarp this spring, and it is now available for prepurchase. Here are the prepurchase details:

1. The MSRP will be $329.99 including stakes, guylines, and stuff sack. The sale price of $269.99 will be available to anyone that prepurchases it. Once the prepurchase period is over, the price will go back to the MSRP.

2. A limited quantity is available right now, and I don't expect to have another production run this spring.

3. Lifetime Members are able to prepurchase the tarp now.

4. All Members will be able to prepurchase the tarp starting Sunday night.

5. The prepurchase period will end when the inventory is gone or the end of next week, whichever comes first.

6. Tarps will be shipped prior to March 10.

7. The tarp has been completely redesigned, has a new manufacturer, no sewn seams, new tougher fabric, and is much lighter than the old one. It's 64 sq. ft. in surface area, 9' long, 8'6" wide at the head end and 5'6" wide at the foot end, and weighs 4.95 oz.

To read more details about the tarp, or to prepurchase it, you may visit its product page here:

Stealth NANO Tarp

(reminder that this page is accessible only to Lifetime Members until Sunday night, and Members only after that)

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

Access Denied!

I can't even look at the specs until Sunday! Bummer!

-Tim

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

$100 puts you first in line, followed by the $20 crowd, and the unwashed masses bringing up the rear.

and Oware isn't making these anymore? So who is? Could make a big difference to purchasers.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Bob, MLD makes them– Cuben Grace tarp at 5.50 oz at $255.00-the dimensions are smaller.

Jim MacDiarmid
    BPL Member

@jrmacd

Zpacks is also making cuben tarps. Excellent prices, just a 10 week wait.

Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

I interpreted the question as who is making *this* tarp, not who is making tarps from cuben. I could be wrong.

Jim MacDiarmid
    BPL Member

@jrmacd

I interpreted the question as who is making *this* tarp, not who is making tarps from cuben. I could be wrong.

Ah, you might be correct. Well, hopefully I'm not breaking any embargos by saying that it is still advertised as 'Made in the USA' if that was what the questioner meant.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Hi Cameron,

We are using one of our own domestic (U.S.) manufacturing sources, and we are not partnering with a manufacturer that makes other Cuben tarps on the market.

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

Cameron is correct – I was asking about the new maker of the BLP Nano tarps. I could have made my question a little clearer.

Ryan has answered the question to a satisfactory extent. He has no obligation to identify the suppliers of his products or their country of origin unless so specified in their agreement. From a marketing perspective, country of origin disclosures can be a plus or a minus to prospective sales.

Jamie Shortt
    BPL Member

@jshortt

Locale: North Carolina

The dimensions are rather impressive.

"The tarp has been completely redesigned, has a new manufacturer, no sewn seams.."

With a 9+ length and 8+ width I assume there will be seams. I find it interesting that the seams are not sewn.

Looks to be a great tarp.

Jamie

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Hello all,

The new Stealth Nano Tarp is now available for prepurchase by all members, and the free shipping for Lifetime Members prepurchasing the tarp is no longer available.

View it here:

2010 Stealth Nano Tarp

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

This tarp looks impressive…..kudo's to BPL. I really like the use of bonded seems, 0.8oz cuben instead of 0.6oz and how vivid (for cuben) the coloring appears to be. Well done!

Andrew Richardson

@arichardson6

Locale: North East

This is very tempting! Great job BPL!

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

The BPL Stealth Nano Tarps are beginning to ship to customers.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools