Topic

2008 Golite Pinnacle- WTB

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 2008 Golite Pinnacle- WTB

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

I've been scouring the internet for a cheap source for the 2008 GoLite Pinnacle. As I clear my home of any extraneous gear that I've accumulated one pack I want to keep for winter is my ULA Arctic 1000 Pack. Thing is I don't much like using the dry bags as the main compartment (though I like the drybag idea). So I thought I'd cut up a GoLite Pinnacle, Andrew-Skurka-in-Alaska-style, and use that as my main compartment for the Arctic pack. The 2009 and 2010 Pinnacles have permanent back pads that can't be removed, and besides I don't want to cut up expensive gear.

Would anyone know where I might find a good deal at a reputable store? Thanks!

Richard Rini
    BPL Member

@rarini

Locale: Southeast

They have have the Golite Pinnacle at Detourgearzone.com for $89.97 in large only. Year is not mentioned, however in the description it indicates that the back pad is removable ("removable foam back pad for comfort").
    I've purchased from this site before without any type of issues (but again I had no reason for returns), but I have not had the opportunity to "test" their customer service. Here is the website:
    http://www.detourgearzone.com/golite-pinnacle-mens.html

Good luck in your search. If I find anything else, I'll post.

Patrick Young
    BPL Member

@lightingboy

Locale: Midwest

PMed Miguel

Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

hey Miguel,
    I have the 08/09 simple version with little use on it. Let mw know if you are interested.

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Richard, thanks for the link. I wasn't able to see the photo of the pack on the site and without information on which pack it is I'm not sure it is the right one. It is important that it is the 2008 version of the pack.

Pat, I've PM'd you. Thanks for the offer.

Jonathan, is your version the one with the waterproof zipper? The one with the removable foam pad, not with the brock mesh back panel? And may I ask what color it is? I'd prefer not to get black simply because more and more of my clothing is turning out to be black and I'm beginning to look like a ninja! I need some color in my life! ;-)

V k
    Spectator

@vladimir_ek

Locale: New York

"Pinnacles have permanent back pads that can't be removed"
    I just checked my 2009 model pinnacle and the foam is removable just like in my older Jam2.

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Hi Vladimir, I just checked my 2009 Jam2 and you're right! The foam is removable. Not sure why I didn't check that before! This widen's my options, but still, I'd prefer the 2008 non-brock mesh panel pack, simply because it is lighter and doesn't have unneeded features. After all it is supposed to act as a pack bag and I would never use the brock mesh against my back.

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Hey Miguel, sierratradingpost just got a pinnacle (or a few) back in stock. 2009. Assuming you are a size medium, you could stack this with bing cashback, or their deal flyer coupons for a fairly cheap price. I have a couple deal flyers that I don't think i'll be using anytime soon, and i probably could forward them to your email, just PM me. Otherwise signup for their flyer and you'll probably get one in the next few days. Hope this helps

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,2093D_GoLite-Pinnacle-Backpack.html

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Konrad, thanks so much for taking the time to look and get back to me. I'm afraid I don't keep up with American online deals all that much (mainly because they're almost always limited to those who live in-country), so I don't really understand what "deal flyers" and "bing cashback" mean. (sorry, I'm slowly turning into an old fart!… not quite there yet, but starting to get there!)

At $105 I think I'd rather not cut off all the straps, hip belts, and shoulder straps on the Pinnacle that I will eventually use for my Arctic gear bag. Still I did want to buy a Pinnacle proper, size large, for use as is to fill in for the ten backpacks I just put in the "out" bin (will probably offer some of them up for sale), so your information is very helpful. Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools