Topic

Packrafting Questions?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Packrafting Packrafting Questions?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eric Falk
    Spectator

@zerolimit

Hey, my name is Eric. I'm interested in joining the packrafting course. I'm light :) but not ultralite like some members on here. Just trying to figure out how much additional weight all the packrafting gear actually adds to a pack. The course recommends a drysuit. Aside from being expensive, I would imagine they're heavy and I haven't been able to find the specific weights on a kokatat drysuit. A helmet, raft, paddle, dry bags, river shoes, and of course raft. Does anyone have a gear packrafting list with weights they could post? Ballpark, what does the entire packrafting set up add to your overall weight? Thanks for the help. I'm looking foward to joining the class but this will help me to make other gear buying decisions. Eric

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Search the word packraft and you will see gearlists from articles on this site.

Eric Falk
    Spectator

@zerolimit

Don't know why that didn't occur to me. Thank you. I'll check it out. Eric

alastair humphreys
    BPL Member

@alastairhumphreys

Locale: UK

I really recommend buying Roman Dial's book 'Packrafting' – very helpful.
    Alastair

alastair humphreys
    BPL Member

@alastairhumphreys

Locale: UK

and watch this little vid to whet your appetite:

http://vimeo.com/16580852
    Al

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools