Topic

Question for Bushbuddy owners

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Question for Bushbuddy owners

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mark cole
    BPL Member

@marklivia

What pot do you use for your Bushbuddy? Also, could you say it's weight (if you know). Just became a proud owner and I'm exploring the pot options. Thanks all.

Brandon Sanchez

@dharmabumpkin

Locale: San Gabriel Mtns

I am looking into the possibility of owning one and am interested in the answer myself. It says on the site that it is made to fit into the Snow Peak 900. I looked for photos and it fits in the pot alone, so the fry-pan lid is not needed necessarily. I think if you added a MYOG lid the SP 900 Ti pot woud be close to 4oz just as a guess. Also, the SP 900 is WAY cheaper than the BPL pot that it fits in.

D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

Before I bought the firelite 900 pot for my bushbuddy I used the snowpeak 900 with a home made foil lid and the weight (sp900 plus foil lid) was something like 3.3 oz or so, so well under 4 oz. This was with the handles, but not the handle bracket, removed.

firelite 900 pot with stock lid is 2.8 oz.
    firelite 1100 pot with stock lid is 3.1 oz

I made a removable wire bale for the above pots which adds 0.1 oz to the above weights if installed.

Dan

Jay Well
    Spectator

@jwell

Locale: Willamette Valley

The bushbuddy is my go-to pot for just about every situation where it is legal to use it. I really like the snowpeak 900. I modified the pot by carefully removing the handles and the handle brackets with a dremel after seeing pictures of it done on this site (see everything removed on the right side of the first picture). If you are going to remove anything from the pot go with the handles. They weigh about 0.5oz and are easy to remove. The bracket is a little more challenging to remove and only weighs 0.15oz. I then attached a removable titanium bale (purchased here off the forums) to make the set up easier to use. All in all the modified pot weighs 2.85oz without the lid. That is still 0.48oz heavier than the BPL pot, but it is a whole bunch cheaper (I purchased mine for right around $30).

Below are pictures of my modified set up. Total weight for modified pot, stove, and homemade lid is 8.0 oz. Total weight for all and my fire starting supplies all packed up in a heavy stuff sack is 9.6oz. Could cut a little weight with a lighter stuff sack.

Modified Snowpeak 900, bushbuddy and Homemade lid

Everything with fire starting materials ready to go.

mark cole
    BPL Member

@marklivia

Thanks for the input thus far. Has anyone tried the Evernew 1L pasta pot?

Nick Truax
    BPL Member

@nicktruax

Locale: SW Montana

I have used the MSR Titan 1.5 L pot, which may be overkill for some but it is extremely nice for 2 person cooking. BB nests in the Titan 1.5 along with the included titanium pot grabber. I often used a pair of cheap Walgreens poly gloves instead of the ti-grabber to keep the BB from rattling and as a pot grabber. The Titan 1.5 weighs 6 oz.

Also, the BPL 1100 titanium pot is great for it fits the BB perfectly in circumference and height. It weighs 3oz on my scale. It is now my go-to BB mate for everything except winter.

Enjoy your BB experience, it has been one of the nicest additions to my kit in years.

Edit: weights include the respective lids, an area where you could lighten up a bit if so desired

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

BPL Firelite SUL-1100 Titanium pot works well for me

a bit over 3 oz

Nothing like the sound and smell of wood burning

mark cole
    BPL Member

@marklivia

Yes, the BPL 1100 is killer, but so is the price! Gotta be the priciest pot on the planet.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I wuz gonna get a BB 'til the CC Inferno came out.

Anybody here ever try the CC Inferno? How does it compare with the Bush Buddy for efficiency AND ease of use?

I've read on posts that the BB requires constant feeding of fuel, in contrast to the CC Inferno.

Dan Cunningham

@mn-backpacker

Locale: Land of 12,000 Loons

I have a Tibetan Titanium 1100 — see THIS thread for more details. The only issue is that since it's from the UK, exchange rate is key. At the time I got mine it was only $44, but today it's $66. At $44 it was a no-brainer (it's the exact same dimensions as the Firelite 1100, only 1.75 ounces more, and has handles), but at $66 I'd probably get the Firelite and enjoy the slight weight savings.

Details:

BB Ultra = 4.75 ounces
    TT 1100 = 4.0 ounces
    TT Lid = .75 ounces
    TT Stuff Sack = .625 ounces

Total Package = 10.125 ounces

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools