Topic

Baby Rainbow

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Baby Rainbow

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

This is the real reason why we still have to wait for the Double Rainbow. Henry has been busy making a mini version for his son Stuart. Here it is :
    Image hosting by Photobucket
    BTW the Baby Rainbow would be a perfect tent for your canine companion too. Available soon, just ask Henry.
    Franco

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Very nice pic.

Do you know, has Henry gotten B.F. to make a mini-backpack for Stuart to haul his own shelter around in? Maybe called the “Child”, in keeping with the current line of ULA packs naming convention?

More importantly, I didn’t know they made kids that cute!!! I’d sure pinch his cheeks.

Great job on “doctoring” up the pic.

Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

Locale: Mid Atlantic

my son is about to turn 5 and wants to go out with dad on a trip. any ideas on a pack that he could use for a few years? he just need to carry his sleeping bag and pad, some clothes, and snacks. dad gets to lug the rest.

-steve

Henry Shires / Tarptent
    BPL Member

@07100

Locale: Upper Sierra Foothills - Gold Rush Country

Hey, cute kid! Unfortunately, the Baby Rainbow exists only in the digital mind of Franco’s Photoshop software but I have no doubt Stuart would love one.

(Nice job Franco, I bow down before your photo re-touching skills).

-H

Dane Fliedner
    Spectator

@dfliedner

Locale: Orange County, CA

I actually recently ordered the G4 MYOG kit from Quest outfitters for my almost 4 yo daughter for the same reason. I have not found any small light packs that could hold a few pieces of larger gear (like a small bag). I am planning on “halving” the dimensions of the pack (since my daughter’s back is roughly 10″ x 10″, and I figure my back is about 20″ x 20″), and cutting a Gossamer Gear torso pad down a little to make it about 12″ (from the 19.5″), and it folds into 3 sections of around 10″ which will be the width while acting as the packframe. I’ll post some photos when I make it, but that may be awhile since I’m still waiting for the kit in the mail. But figured I’d reply now, if for no other reason to give you an idea…

PS– I was thinking of calling it the “G2” :)

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Thanks PJ for blowing my cover, now they all know it’s not real….
    The nice Photoshop job was done by Adam, also a happy Rainbow owner.
    Franco

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools