Topic

Gossamer Gear SleepLight Down Sleeping Bag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Gossamer Gear SleepLight Down Sleeping Bag

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Scott Ashdown

@waterloggedwellies

Locale: United Kingdom

The Gossamer Gear website shows that the SleepLight Down Sleeping Bag is no longer being stocked and that Gossamer Gear are currently evaluating their direction with ultra-light sleeping bags.

I have just recently purchased a SleepLight Down Sleeping Bag from Gossamer Gear (Notification received to indicate it has been dispatched) and this would therefore have been one of the last, if not the last, bag they had. I am of course now wondering what their reasons to no longer stock it are.

Does anyone know what is going on???

Bernard Shaw

@be_here_nowearthlink-net

Locale: Upstate New York

Sorry cannot help, but CG does not sell things they don’t vouch for, stand behind, and test out. They have a no question return policy and are imo one of the rare true integrity, non price gouging places we should give the benefit of the doubt to.

I would give them a polite but real email and ask them! You are likely to get real answer.

Benjamin Smith
    BPL Member

@bugbomb

Locale: South Texas

As I recall, the Sleeplight is the bag that Glenn VP himself has used for a number of hears now. With new management, they may be going the direction of the “arc” quilts, or towards synthetic bags, or maybe just developing a full line with new models? The Sleeplight is built by Nunatak, so I’m sure it’s a gem.

Ben

Glen Van Peski
    BPL Member

@gvanpeski

Locale: San Diego

Part of the Gossamer Gear credo, the one we struggle the hardest sometimes to achieve, is affordability. We are committed to the concept of the Sleeplight down bag, and we think it offers a unique combination of features that makes it a very effective part of a sleeping system. Frankly, we are selling the Sleeplights (or were selling them) at very close to our cost, so we just couldn’t make them more affordable. But we were not satisfied with how expensive they were, and are considering other options. We want to expand the line and bring out a third size, and a different fill option, but are hoping to find a way to cut costs. If we are unsuccessful in solving that issue to our satisfaction, one possibility is that we would discontinue the bag, but we would more likely just continue to produce and sell them as we are currently. If you decide you don’t want your Sleeplight, please return it (unused) for a refund, as we will be happy to find a good home for it!

Scott Ashdown

@waterloggedwellies

Locale: United Kingdom

Glen,

Thanks for that reply. I chose the Sleeplight after a lot of research. Despite its high cost, I felt that it would be the bag that would best suit my needs. It hasn’t arrived yet, I guess that maybe Easter might have delayed things but I have no planned intention to return the bag after it reaches my eager hands!!!!

I posed the question purely because it is always unnerving to buy any product to find that it has then been apparently dropped by the supplier. Despite the good reviews I had read about the bag your mind does start to wonder. I had visions of the bag being dropped because of bad reviews that somehow I had failed to uncover!!!!

However, your comments have put my mind at rest. Thanks.
    Thanks also everyone else for replying.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools