Topic

Essential Gear: Print Subscription?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Essential Gear: Print Subscription?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I notice that there is a lot that I could be learning about UL backpacking if I were to subscribe to the “print version” of the magazine instead of just the “web version”. To wit:

Issue 3 Table of Contents:

* The Aboriginal Walkabout
    * Interview with Isaac Wilson, Adventure Racer
    * Get Out Now
    * Hot Feet: Foot care
    * Trip Report: Paria Canyon
    * Dealing with the Wet and Cold: Backpacking Scotland
    * Backcountry Travel: Lightweight Paddling
    * Photo Essay: Great Divide Trail
    * Feet of Endurance (Continued): David Horton’s PCT Record
    * Gear List: Lightweight Snow Camping

Who here considers a Print subscription to be essential lightweight backpacking gear? Who has both subscriptions, who has print only, and who has web only? Why?

PS here’s another discussion on the subject:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/2871/index.html

Scott Ashdown

@waterloggedwellies

Locale: United Kingdom

Anonymous. It might be better to keep the discussions together on the same thread as you indicate they are the same subject. Also, on a personal point, any comment worth making is worth putting your name to.

Anonymous

Posting anonymously helps people focus on the issue, rather than on the person.

I’m truly interested to hear which readers of the gear forum consider the print subscription to be essential gear, and why. I’m thinking of subscribing; those articles look great.

Discussion of validity or fairness of a business model belong in Chaff. Whether or not you buy something and why belongs here I think.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools