Topic

Clean Esbit Pots

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Clean Esbit Pots

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Wands

@walksoftly

Locale: Piney Woods

I use Esbit tabs with a 600 Ti mug to heat my water. Hate the brown gunk that sticks to the bottom of my mug. I found the perfect method to clean my pot. After the pot cools, I rub with an alcohol swab that contains 70% Isopropyl Alcohol. This melts the gunk away and liquifies it. A single square of TP wipes the pot completely clean!!!!!

These swabs are the types used by diabetics to prepare for injection – you can get 100 for about $1.00 at Walgreens.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

A few drops of Windex works also.

Normally I roughen up the residue surface with steel wool, then drop some Windex on it. Let it work for a while and then wipe it off.

–B.G.–

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Creek bed sand,leafs and maybe a small stick if need be for crust. So easy a caveman could do it!

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I used the damp teabag from the tea I just made before the residue fully hardens. Most of it comes right off.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

The alcohol swabs make handy emergency fire starters too. Add some tinder and a spark.

I just clean it off when I get home. Some things are supposed to be a little dirty when camping :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools