Topic

and we thought we knew all the uses of duct tape

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear and we thought we knew all the uses of duct tape

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sheila o
    BPL Member

@bumpass

Locale: The Far Left Coast? : /

Hope this comes through. Not sure if this is the best place to post either. Looks like this is true. Enjoy.
    http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=52677

jeremy duncan

@jeremyduncan

Locale: Midwest

I'm sure duct tape in that amount would hold for awhile. I am skeptical, however, of why they would have so much on hand. Seems like cheaper, easier ways to fix a plane, unless you happened to be carrying a s**tload of duct tape for some reason.

Here are some clips from the Mythbusters episode where they test duct tape's strength.
    http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-duct-tape/

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"I am skeptical, however, of why they would have so much on hand."

They didn't. Says early on that they had it delivered.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

If only poor Icarus had duct tape rather than wax and feathers :)

Good job on the plane– enough to get it back to a facility for a proper repair. Those planes are mostly fabric covered, so the duct tape is reasonable (although heavy). Good case for an electric fence!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools