Topic

Wide forefoot/toe box shoe suggestions after pinched nerve

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Wide forefoot/toe box shoe suggestions after pinched nerve

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

E J,

I've found the innov-8s to be rather narrow. I like them, but I don't have your issues. Not sure they would work for you.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

You'll have to size up with an Inov8. I can wear a 9.5 EE to EEEE in a running shoe but had to go up to a 10.5 for Inov8s. of course this is common with most shoes that don't come in widths for me.

Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

I found a store near me that has 3-4 of the shoes recommended from Montrail, La Sportiva and Salomon and very knowledgeable long-distance trail runners who know their stuff and will try them out. Thanks again for the suggestions.

My wife and I are also looking for a waterproof shoe for wet hikes and brisk rainy walks to replace our old Salomons GTX (I think they were XA Comp or Pro 2 GTX made with XCR). Unfortunately those GTX Salomons were the most narrow of my shoes.

The Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra GTX would probably be a good replacement, but a few reviews say it's narrow in the forefoot/toebox. I think Salomon makes their GTX shoes a bit narrow in general. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find it in a Wide size.

Is there another Salomon trail shoe in GTX that isn't too narrow in the forefoot, or another waterproof trail shoe you'd recommend?

I found Inov-8 Flyroc 345s at a good price, but have read posts on BPL saying that they are very slippery when wet on smooth granite and asphalt, and some say they are narrow in the forefoot.

O S

@puddlemonster

Locale: SF Bay - East Bay

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools