Topic

EPL1 + 14-150 < 500g (18oz) !!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography EPL1 + 14-150 < 500g (18oz) !!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fred eric
    BPL Member

@fre49

Locale: France, vallée de la Loire

If what they say about the 14-150 weight is true ( 70% lighter than the 4/3 18-180mm).

too bad the lens release is in june.

I was just about buying the 220g 4/3 40-150 for my E420+14-42 before going to hike in Patagonia in april-may
    ( i missed not being able to photography most of the animal i saw during my Iceland and Greenland hikes )
    but i would use this lens less than 6 months :(

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

Imagine how small and light this body will be with one of the Oly or Panny "pancakes"? This is about as small and light as µ4/3 can conceivably be. And it looks like it has a connector for the EP2's EVF. Perfect!

http://43rumors.com/two-new-olympus-lenses-announced-9-18mm-and-14-140mm/

http://43rumors.com/e-pl1-leaked/

Cheers,

Rick

Bradley Danyluk
    BPL Member

@dasbin

That 9-14mm is amazingly light.
    This might be the combo I've been hoping for to replace my D5000 + Sigma 10-20mm (~ 38 oz.)

I always wonder why this forum is very centered on regular lenses, when landscape photography has always been about ultrawides. Been wanting a UL solution for an ultrawide for a long time.

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

Hi Bradley,

You're right, of course, about wide angle. Between the forthcoming 9-18 and the current Panny 7-14 the µ4/3 system is now well cared for in the wide angle arena.

This DPR preview gives some further tantalizing details.

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/olympusepl1/

We keep noting "smallest, lightest interchangable lens digicam" with each successive µ4/3 generation. The E-LP1 would seem to be close to the limit for shrinking the format (although it's a whopping 13g more than the GF1). My only "concern" on first glance is the lack of a control wheel. I'll be curious how easily it accommodates rapid exposure compensation, ISO adjustments, shutter speed/aperture adjustments and the like. It looks like you have to press a mode button then the direction buttons to change parameters. Not as speed-friendly as a dial.

The onboard flash and the ability to take the accessory EVF really completes the package.

Cheers,

Rick

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools