Topic

seeking hammock technique info

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion seeking hammock technique info

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

I've been wanting to try a hammock for a couple of years. This Spring I am going for it.

My hammock gear list so far:
    ULTRALITE BACKPACKER A-SYM
    No Sniveller quilt

Please point me to good hammock tip forums/discussions?

Lance M
    BPL Member

@lancem

Locale: Oregon

George,

hammockforums.net seems to be the definitive forum for hammocks. Lots of info there.
    Regards,

-Lance

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

thanks!

just registered

chris arvin
    BPL Member

@kychris

Locale: Red River Gorge Area

I'll add this one for general technique: http://www.tothewoods.net/HammockCamping.html.

And here's the site of the Blackbird, one of the most popular hammocks out there right now: http://warbonnetoutdoors.com/blackbirds.php.

All of my hammock gear is from Warbonnet. I have the Blackbird, tarp, underquilt, and overquilt. He makes great stuff.

KY Chris

Lori P
    BPL Member

@lori999

Locale: Central Valley

If you are taller than 5'6" the ULBA might be a tad claustrophobic. It works, but I had to move on to something else, and rather than getting a larger/heavier Hennessy I ended up with the Blackbird.

I also contemplated a bridge hammock. There's a lot more out there than Hennessy – you might find something else will suit you better, it's worth checking out the threads at HF to see what others say.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools