Topic

When is REI’s next 20% off Members Coupon?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) When is REI’s next 20% off Members Coupon?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Just curious if anyones got some insider info regarding when REI will be having their next 20% off coupon. Traditionally, they usually release them around end of Feb, beginning of March. I'm interested in picking up a Copper Spur 2, and the cheapest I can find it online is 20% off MSRP…however I'd rather have REI's iron clad satisfaction guarantee backing my purchase.

Christopher Kayler

@chriskayler

Locale: Outside

The next surefire one will likely be the Anniversary Sale in May, though a random one may pop up between now and then…

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

They always issue one when the dividend comes out. I've heard March 22 this year, but can't comfirm it.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Mar 22 > Apr 18
    May 21 > May 31
    Oct 8 > Oct 17

These dates just came to me from an REI employee, so plan accordingly.

–B.G.–

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Thanks Bob! thats exactly what i needed. This works out well for me because it forces me to wait til late March, which hopefully is when the Tarptent 2010 revisions will kick in. Should give me a better idea if I want the copper spur or the updated scarp 2

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

I was wondering about these dates myself. Thanks! I think I'm gonna pick up a Neoair with my dividend and 20% coupon.

udont wanna

@noobinacan

anyone know when the fall 20% sale is going to be in for 2011 ?
    still Oct dates ?

thanks

Kier Selinsky

@kieran

Locale: Seattle, WA

According to an REI employee I talked to a couple weeks ago, the next one will be "early October"

udont wanna

@noobinacan

awesome…thanks :)

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Are the 20% off coupon's online only? Or can you use one at a physical store? Could I just rock up to an REI store, sign up and then buy any one item for 20% off? I'm a Canadian without an REI membership, but I'm going to be in the USA for the first 3 weeks of August and I'd love some new Dynafit Radical FT bindings….no one's got them on sale.

DAVID Mist of the Sky
    Spectator

@stryprod

Dan-

Your scenario is EXACTLY how they get most customers to signup and become members.

It goes like this…

Whilst a 20% sale is going on, John Doe walks in and looks at some hiking boots and a REI associate helps them out and says "You know if you sign up for a membership for a onetime cost of $20, you'd get 20% off those new hiking boots you are looking at and it would pay for itself. Did I also mention the dividends you get back..bla…bla.."

As always though, double-check with a REI associate online or call a store or customer help before assuming but the way above is how it has been done forever nearly.

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

Members (join for $20 off) get 20% off any full priced item. Some exclusions apply, but that's basically it.

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

@ Dan: It also worked online so far in the US (not sure about Canada). Just type the code in the 'code' field on the appropriate page and double check that you got the discount before proceeding to final checkout.

jennifer ross

@jenhifive

Locale: Norcal

The 20% thing will come in your email or in the catalog in the mail but you will be able to use it in store or online. They also send a few additional 20% off just for their rei outlet online that can only be used for that.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to sign up anyway. 10% back on all full price dividend? I have the rei visa so I get an extra 5% back when I use that. Their stuff is usually heavy as he.ll but a good place for consumables or last minute shopping.

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

A older bp friend knew I was looking for a Caldera Cone and that I would need a pot also for it. He pointed out I could get an additional discount by signing up for REI Gear Mail. Ended up getting a discontined $40 .9 Ti pot for around $22, shipped to a store near me.:)
    Duane

Mike Blarowki
    BPL Member

@mikeyb

Locale: BC25.com

REI released the new REI member coupon code last week. It's valid until may 27th, 2013.

Mike Blarowki
    BPL Member

@mikeyb

Locale: BC25.com

REI's member coupon expired so here is a list of current REI sales and coupons

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools