Topic

Marmot Dri-clime Vest Sizing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Marmot Dri-clime Vest Sizing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

Can anyone advise on the sizing? The Medium is 39"- 41" chest, and the Large is 42"- 45" chest. I'm a 41.5"- 42" chest. I will wear it over a base-layer, and don't want it to be too baggy. Would a Medium be too tight?

Jim MacDiarmid
    BPL Member

@jrmacd

I wore a Large in the jacket, my measurement are similar. Medium was a little tight across my shoulders. Not sure if that'd be an issue with the vest though.

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

How is the Large across your chest, Jim? Is it baggy or close fitting? Was the Medium a good fit across your chest?
    Cheers.

James Naphas
    BPL Member

@naphas13

Locale: SoCal

I'm almost exactly your size, and take a large in the jacket. It's cut on the tight side, more like a base layer than a regular outer. I've worn mine a few times without a shirt. It's tight enough that I wear it sometimes as a winter jacket when I cycle, though it's a little more flappy than a road racing specific jacket.

Jim MacDiarmid
    BPL Member

@jrmacd

Chest size is same as you. It definitely fits like a mid-layer. I didn't have problems so much in the chest though as across my shoulder blades, where it was tight. It's a close call with medium though.

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Thanks for the help guys. I'm going for the Large. I had another look at the Marmot sizing chart, and as i have a 17" neck, i'll need the Large.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools