Topic

Bushbuddy UL Pot Support for Alcohol Stove?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Bushbuddy UL Pot Support for Alcohol Stove?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gabe P
    BPL Member

@gabe

I have a Bushbuddy Ultra, which I generally love. The only scenario in which I don't love it is when It's raining very hard, because I don't have the option of cooking in my shelter without filling it with smoke.

I've dealt with this by using my 1.5 inch tall .5 ounce MYOG beer can open jet alcohol stove when I expect considerable rain, so I can cook in my shelter. Since my alcohol stove weighs so little, on certain long trips I would consider bringing both, with just 3 ounces of fuel. To save weight, however, I wouldn't want to bring a z-stand and windscreen for the alcohol stove.

Since my alcohol stove fits inside the pot holder of the Bushbuddy (BB) UL, I'm wondering if I can use the BB pot holder as a windscreen and pot stand for the alcohol stove. This would enable me to, for the .5 ounce of the stove and weight of a few ounces of fuel, have a wood burning and alcohol stove that share the same pot holder and windscreen.

It seems to work, but I'm wondering if any of you can foresee any problems I don't. As a windscreen, the BB pot holder is a little more than a half inch from the side of the stove. This doesn't seem to affect its performance. Do any of you know if this set up would be problematic, or inefficient? Thanks

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Locale: Finland

Gabriel, its what I use and without problems. I made a MYOG Top Burner from Redbull cans which fits neatly under the pot on top of the BBU pot stand. Haven't experienced any problems with that setup, and works very well for me.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools