Topic

Minibull bongo and Evernew titanium stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Minibull bongo and Evernew titanium stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    simon pemberton
    BPL Member

@simonpem

Locale: Cheshire,UK

Hi all,just wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these stoves in the field? they both look very impressive,i am thinking of adding to my stove collection and was drawn to these two,so,any views anyone?

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

I've had experience using a Bongo stove coupled with a beer can pot in the field.
    My at home bench tests could achieve a 2 cup boil, around 7-8 mins, using less than .5 oz of alc. However, when i took it into the field, where the weather was around 30F degrees and windy, my boil took around 10 mins, and fuel consumption was closer to 3/4 an oz. Elevation was 3000ft. Still highly efficient in my book.
    However, it is not a perfect stove system. When using the remote fuel system, you have to make sure that its level with the stove itself…which can be tricky when youre outside trying to cook in dirt/rocks etc. If its higher than the stove, then itll pump out more fuel than it can burn properly. Also, experiment with a windscreen setup at home. With this stove, efficiency is greatly dependent on a properly setup windscreen. I also use the HN bongo, with a squeeze bottle ( as opposed to the remote fuel system ) Its more user-friendly IMHO

simon pemberton
    BPL Member

@simonpem

Thanks for that,i have gone for the Bongo pro cab with the squeeze bottle,i intend to use it inside a Caldera cone screen (pretty sure this will work)i will post on my results.
    Regards
    Simon

Rand Lindsly
    BPL Member

@randlindsly

Locale: Yosemite

Simon:

Which screen were you planning on using….the Ti-Tri or that interesting custom titanium screen we made for you? Let us know when you get it…..would really like to see pictures of it in action.

Rand :-)

simon pemberton
    BPL Member

@simonpem

I was thinking that it would work inside my titanium cone,just an alternative to the caldera stove.The custom screen is for use with either an MSR white gas,Primus remote canister or a whitebox alchohol stove(used with an MSR 1.5ltr pot).I will send pics of it all action.

george carr
    BPL Member

@hammer-one

Locale: Loco Libre Gear

I've done about 35-40 burns with the Evernew ti stove over the past 3 weeks with various cookpots, in a number of configurations (potstand – no potstand, 16oz- 32oz water, etc), as I am about a week overdue on a promised video review. I hope to wrap up the taping today, with another day or two for editing. I'll post here when I'm done.

The more I use this stove, the more I like it. Under optimal conditions (my workshop – 60degree temp.)The stove primes in 30 seconds, will take 16 oz cold tap water to a rolling boil in 6:30, and burns out between 9:30-10:30. Outside (36 degrees, light wind)I got a prime in 40 seconds, and a rolling boil at 7 minutes. These were done with a homemade potstand (the Evernew stand isn't available yet)and a 1.3L Evernew UL series titanium cookpot.

simon pemberton
    BPL Member

@simonpem

Hi George,do you know when the multifuel package will be available?

george carr
    BPL Member

@hammer-one

Apparently the product is ready, but they are waiting for packaging. I'm told that the kit will be ready around the end of February or the beginning of March.

george carr
    BPL Member

@hammer-one

I apologize 1) for the delays in getting a video out (I have some tech issues with my new HD setup), and 2) for the low quality video (shot on my Olympus Stylus 770SW, due to #1). I didn't want to wait any longer so I just put this together. Evernew Titanium Alcohol Stove Review

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools