Topic

Alternative placement of cord lock

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Alternative placement of cord lock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Gauperaa
    BPL Member

@gauperaa

Locale: Norway

While taking the sub train to work I noticed someone wearing a daypack where the cordlock had been placed at the middle of the drawstring casing. I had never seen that before and thought it quite clever. What do you guys think?

Made a similar pocket now to use on the G4 that I'm in the process of constructing. I just made reinforced openings in the middle and sewed along the end of each elastic cord. The pocket in question is an angled water bottle pocket, placed like on the Mariposa Plus.

Fully openTightened somewhat

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

should work perfect. What mesh is that? where from?

-Tim

Thomas Gauperaa
    BPL Member

@gauperaa

Locale: Norway

It's "heavy mesh" from the G4 kit I bought from Quest Outfitters. Not a big fan of this type of mesh really :), but it's what I 've got at the moment. I would've preferred to use the same as on the Ray-Way pack. That kind is not as stiff, as well as being lighter and more transparent.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

It LOOKS like Leno (TM) mesh. Very tough stuff, non-stretch, nylon, and I use it for the tensioned back panel of my frame packs. Lasts for … ever.

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools