Topic

Suluk 46 – TiCa Ice Tool “2nds” Sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Suluk 46 – TiCa Ice Tool “2nds” Sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

I have 5 TiCa Ice Tools which did not pass my dimensional inspection after welding. I am letting these go for $150 USD plus shipping. E-mail me direct at [email protected] to purchase one.

What is the difference between passing and not passing dimensional inspection?

Head – The head consists of three titanium pieces: A pick, adze, and ferrule. The parallelism/perpendicularity between each of these pieces must be less than 0.020” to pass inspection. These heads have exceeded this dimension and while they are structurally the same/strong as the ones that do pass, I do no feel comfortable charging full price for them.

Shaft – The shaft on these tools are identical to that on the fully priced ice tools and includes the internal 3” carbon insert at the ferrule/shaft joint.

Spike – The spike is identical to that of the fully priced ice tools.

All manufacturing procedures are identical between the “1sts” and “2nds”. I can send you a picture of the physical Ice Tool that you will receive.

Any questions, just ask!

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

> …however, you will not receive the internal 3” carbon insert at the ferrule/shaft joint.

How does this affect strength, Steve?

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Hi Sam,
    I have edited the first post and this post to reflect the fact that the "2nds" will now include the 3" carbon insert.

The reason for this is based on the fact that the end user cannot visually tell if the insert is there or not. I am now thinking about if people sell these and fail to disclose the fact that they have one of them without the insert. This will lead to inconsistencies with the TiCa Ice Tool and I don't feel comfortable having that. I don't want people thinking there are going to be some tools stronger then others.

Therefore, all the "2nds" that have been shipped out have included the 3" carbon insert and will be included in this deal.

Long story short…every TiCa Ice Tool out there (except mine which is not for sale) has the 3" carbon insert.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

3" carbon insert now included – read my edited post above.

Got a couple left…any takers?

[email protected]

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

I want one if there's still one left to have. I sent you an email previously.

YAMABUSHI !
    BPL Member

@thunderhorse

????

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

I'm away for a couple days, so I'll throw some pics up on Friday morning.

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Some pics as requested. Just for clarity: You'll be hard pressed to see any major flaws from the photos. It's not like these things are bent/crooked drastically…just out of the tolerance I specified in the design.

2NDS1

2NDS 2

2NDS 3

2NDS 4

2NDS 5

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

SOLD OUT!

Chris Benson

@roguenode

Locale: Boulder

resurrecting this in case you still have one left. If so, I'll take it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools