Topic

<b>Serious competiont for the EOS</b>

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) <b>Serious competiont for the EOS</b>

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keith Selbo
    Spectator

@herman666

Locale: Northern Virginia

I just posted a review of the Remington RMHL2AAA-B headlamp. It's lighter and brighter than the Princeton Tec EOS, and some will find the feature mix superior, others not. List price is lower.

URL of BPL reader review: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/reviews/display_reviews.html?forum_thread_id=27607&skip_to_post=228744#228744

I really like this headlamp, but I have no financial interest in seeing it succeed in the marketplace.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Looks like it might be a nice light, I love the lens system with the white diffused and red lens. Did you weigh your example? If so how did it compare to the 2.2oz factory spec?

Walter Carrington
    BPL Member

@snowleopard

Locale: Mass.

It looks like a bargain. Amazon has it for $31. The diffuser sounds like what my Petzl Tikka XP and Myo XP have; I find the diffusers really useful and wouldn't want a headlamp without one.

I prefer the gradual diminishing of light that the Petzl's have than the abrupt shutoff the review reports for this, but that's a matter of preference.

Keith Selbo
    Spectator

@herman666

On my kitchen scale: 2.05 oz. no batteries. 2.95 oz. with two NIMH rechargeables.

I bought mine at flashlightz.com, note the Z. A site with a similar name didn't offer them.

I completely understand preferring the fade, however, I always start with freshly recharged batteries. The only time I've seen the abrupt shutoff is during a test where I deliberately let it run down on the high setting. Always carry a spare set just to be safe.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Keith Selbo
    Spectator

@herman666

"Browning has a few lights that are interesting too".

2 AAA's hint that it's probably a boost mode lamp. That's about all I can say about it because the web site doesn't have much information. It doesn't even say if there is more than one setting on the white lamp. 4 hours is ok for a high beam if there is a longer lasting low setting. If not, I'd only use it around the house.

I checked for a catalog with more detail, but it only comes in paper via snail mail. Their manuals section only lists guns and safes. So 20th Century!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools