Topic

What’s In Stock at Backpacking Light

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support BPL.com News and Info What’s In Stock at Backpacking Light

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

BPL members and non-members alike have spoken and we've listened. Over the course of our last sale there was much hullabaloo regarding the inability to see what items were and what items were not in stock. This has been a complaint heard by us for some time (not just recently) and our Web developer came through with a solution recently.

On Backpacking Light's Stock Status page you can now view our products by what is in-stock as well as by what is out-of-stock.

Also on the Stock Status page you'll notice that you can add items directly to your shopping cart so there'll be no more hunting around to find what you want.

View the Stock Status page.

ps – for future reference I've linked this page on the main Gear Shop page

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Sam:

This is very helpful! Hopefully, when you guys are settled at your new warehouse/retail location, you can shorten the "out of stock" listing. Believe it or not, I think most of us are pretty understanding and even patient so long as you let us know upfront. Thanks again.

Nia Schmald
    BPL Member

@nschmald

The link from the gear shop page is broken. Missing the cgi-bin.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Ben, we're constantly working on our transparency as a company as we are small and want to take the commentary and suggestions of the community surrounding us that makes us who we are.

I'll get that link fixed up, Nia. Thanks for pointing it out.

Steven Killion
    BPL Member

@blendedfrog

Locale: Pacific Northwest

# In Stock
    Photon Freedom Micro LED Light
    color: white

FYI – Appears to be out of stock on the product page.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Steven,

Thanks for pointing that out. All fixed up – turns out there are still some of those available in "white" but they weren't showing up in the product options.

– Sam

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com

Last night I checked the "what's in stock" link and prices were actually lower on at least one item yesterday than today. The item went UP in price 40-50%.

Second, the "Gambler's Sale" lists that a percentage discount will be given for each successive day. The graphic shows 10%, 20%, 30%……80%… and says it is from January 1 to January 6th. Today is January 6th, the "end" of the sale…and yet the discount is at 50% and not the 80% as implied if that was indeed the last offering supposedly available for the last day. The graphic on the e-mail shows the sale is at 70%. The graphic on the website shows it is at 50%.

What gives?

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

On the Gamblers sale pricing, I think Sam is manually changing these daily and he's on Montana time so it might be a few hours before the prices change today. Just a hunch though.

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Geez Sam, can't you just do everything my way? The world would be a much happier place.

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Thanks for extending the dates on the header…I was wondering if it would stop today.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

This sale will run until noon, Friday, January 8th. At that time all remaining items will be removed from inventory and we will begin shipping from our new Montana fulfillment center on Monday, January 11th (the store will be open starting Friday evening for you weekend shoppers). Selection at first will be limited but many items are on order and we expect to be up to speed by month's end.

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

When I look at the Stock Status page you list both the signed and unsigned for $6.64 but when I add the signed item to my cart it comes through at $44.

Which price is correct?

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

The limited edition, signed Monte Dolack prints are not on sale. Thanks for pointing this out, Anna.

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

And yet this is still up on the "what's in stock" page right now. I too tried to buy this last night and received the same response that it was a mistake…but the advertising for it still exists. I guess like others, I've decided that my name can be added to the list of those unhappy about the administration of this sale/non-sale.

Monte

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with our sale. The poster showing up as on-sale is because one "product option" for the poster (the unsigned version) is in fact on sale. The other product option for the poster (the signed version) is not on sale. Sorry for any confusion.

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Since I know Ryan answers to you over there and you don't need his input to make little or mass changes, how about removing any reference to the one poster as a sale item or perhaps putting the correct price on the bottom of the one which has Monte's signature. There is no "confusion". The fact is the wrong price is at the bottom of it.

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

Speaking for myself, I sure lucked out on a few items that I would not have bought if not for the sale. Thanks for great prices!

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Hey guys — I apologize for the poster — that was MY bad. There's lots of these little things that makes our ecommerce software problematic and hard to maintain for some things. This is one of them.

If you did add a signed poster to your shopping cart, you were getting sale prices, they just didn't jive with the display of sale prices on the index pages with the little thumbnails.

That's all fixed now, the unsigned posters are now out of stock, and the signed posters remain, at 80% discount through noon tomorrow, so grab'em while ya can.

Best,
    Ryan

Richard Scruggs
    BPL Member

@jrscruggs

Locale: Oregon

Ryan, thanks for clearing up the imposter "signed poster" posting issue raised by the earlier poster.

Since you're in a "mea culpa" mood at the moment for the huge "signed poster" imposter sale scandal of the New Year, maybe you could consider adding your personal signature to the signed poster that I just ordered. Just as a bonus?

Oh, well. Still, wish you many happy trails for the New Year!

And many thanks for the fine site that BPL continues to be.

JR

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Hey – thanks for including the signed posters as part of the sale. Even though I'm an East Coaster I've been to the Monte Dolack gallery in Missoula twice and am really excited to get the signed one for my den.

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

My happy meter just went up and now I have a signed poster coming. I wouldn't mind an RJ signature either. Thanks all.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools