Topic

Telemark Ski Waxing “Vise”

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Telemark Ski Waxing “Vise”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Chad Lorenz
    BPL Member

@chadl

Locale: Teton Valley, Wydaho

#1#2#3#4#5

Problem: wanted to wax my tele skis (ok, not UL) and have them remain stable, as if in a proper ski vise (that I used at school for free, but now that I graduated, I'm on my own…)

Wood blocks have double layer of sticky rubber on top, 1 layer on bottom, are moveable/not fixed to the workbench.

Black Diamond Havocs with g3 targa bindings, clamp grabs toepiece, pulls ski down against tip/tail supports.

Clamp has 2 factory drilled holes on each side. I used wood screws with large button heads to affix the clamp to the wooden workbench, 2 total.

I haven't devised a way to turn the ski on edge, but maybe the spring clamps screwed in vertically (2) to the edge of the workbench? I don't yet tune my own edges, so for hot waxing this should do the trick.

Homemade ski vise:

2 pieces of 4x4in scrap wood
    Black sticky rubber drawer liner("contact brand" solid grip liner)
    1 quick clamp
    2 wood screws
    Staple gun

Took about 1 hr to put together, cost about $10.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools