Topic

new titanium piece

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Mountaineering & Alpinism new titanium piece

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

I've had to break down and invest in some new hardware – a nifty little piece of titanium.titanium hip joint
    I didn't have a chance to weigh it what with the the surgeon insisting on my being unconcious.
    I don't think I had 1 vertical mile left in the old one.

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

Larry,
    That is a sweet piece of ti hardware. It out shines the two hollow ti screws used in my back fusion surgery. I'm seriously jealous. As an over active 50+ years young additional ti hardware in my future is a likely possibility.

TD

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

It would appear I'm getting to learn some new skills as all my former friends have conspired to keep me in my place.
    Surgery on Monday, at home on crutches on Wedsneday, and then they swoop in like veritable lemmings with lists of don'ts.
    It's not like I want to slip off for a bit of a skate, eh?
    In my former friends defense many of them have waited for years to gain some level of control over my simple life and are showing a bit more exburance then seems neccessary.
    I have become Stewie on Family Guy plotting the demise of all those more powerful then me.stewie

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Eight days have passed and the surgeon just eleased me back to working full time, biking,swimming, pretty much whatever with a dose of common sense.
    I did ask him if years of slugging away with monster packs up untold miles of vertical feet had caused the wear and tear on my hip. He told me by the time they see them it is hard to connect the dots, blah, blah, blah….
    So then I asked if some new lightweight gear and possibly a new bike might help prolong this one; I got a much better answer.
    I'm curious if I now have to claim this as weight carried.
    I wish anyone else facing this as much luck as I have had.
    Looking forward to working this out on the rocks in the desert this spring.

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Looking forward to working this out on the rocks in the desert this spring."

Right on! Keep movin' is the name of the game.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools